Monday, October 10, 2011

YouTubing for Columbus Day and Old People at the Movies

Happy Columbus Day or as the natives who died call it the beginning of the genocide of my peoples day..... what too soon?  Anyways, I got this day off from work but I know not everybody does.  My friend Ian did work today, here's a gem he found:
VIDEO THAT MY FRIEND IAN SENT:
I highly recommend watching this not in an office or classroom, you will (might not) lose your shit.  I did (what a mess).  But I feel like this profiles the natural enemy of bears, which is of course, a guy on a buffalo.  There are other "episodes" which I recommend that include punching a cougar in the face (seriously, look it up).  So on this Columbus Day (Italian/Spanish I think), I thank my own Portuguese Columbus of YouTube, Ian, for his own remarkable discovery (did not wipe out a race of people in the process which should not be overlooked).  Someone buy the man a dirt bike already!

Nick's Movie Review of the Week & Silly things Old People do:
This week I saw Moneyball.  First off, there were no balls of money as I was promised, straight up lie.  Brad Pitt was pretty dreamy, Andy from Parks and Rec showed up in there, and the scout with the hearing aid was probably my favorite character in the movie, so there's that.  I've read the book so I appreciated it.  If you don't like baseball there's really no point in seeing it, although there's other stuff besides baseball but seriously don't waste your time if you don't want to follow a baseball story for 2 hours.

Here's where I got distracted, every time I go to this theater in Davis Square, an old peoples couple ends up sitting in the same row and they proceed to do whatever it is old people do in movie theaters (hopefully your answer isn't make-out, because, no that's not what happened...yet).  So from what I gathered from there conversation during the trailers, quote- "That's the movie we just walked out of...", they were movie hopping between different screens (it could've been entirely a confusing accidental trek where the couldn't find the exit) or were very, very lost.  The last time an old guy sat next to me, he made some regurgitating noises throughout the movie and was reminded by his wife of each character as they appeared ("remember her/him? Look at the elephant! Did you take your diabetes medicine...").  So thankfully this movie double featuring duo fell fast asleep, as far as I know where still "sleeping" as I left the theater after midnight.  They had just worn themselves out sneaking from movie to movie all day!  Ah, the elderly... CUE THE OLD PEOPLE SCOOTER RACING:

No comments:

Post a Comment