Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On this day, you come to me...

How could you not be happy when confronted by this smile?
First things first! This past Sunday marked a special occasion, the christening of little Cory Ann.  Walter and T-Bone (ignore their nicknames, they're wonderful parents) added this nugget/cub/baby-person (I'm working on my own endearing term, no judging!) to their wolf-pack (now 5 members strong, including Charles-in-charge and the half coyote that I'm 85% sure is plotting to eat me) in August.  I was honored to be named fairy-god-father (title Walter assigned me (editors note-B also has a claim on coming up with this title)), and am eager to commence my duties of teaching her karate (in the garage or any activity space, always bow to your sensei...), watching kung-fu panda and other awesome movies, activity time (aka finger painting), and general nonsense.  All kidding aside, I look forward to being a part of Cory's future adventures. (Cory's not allowed to read my blog between the ages of 4 and 13, because let's be honest, if she can read before she's 4 then she earned it...)

Many of you (I don't know how many people read this blog machine?) were there to witness the ceremony, but it was my first time in a Lutheran church. Cory mostly slept through church, and didn't make a peep when awoken with the water (not how I react when people pour water on me when I'm sleeping).  There was a parade up the aisle, some singing, and a photo shoot at the end.  I did my best to avoid knocking over candles and look "photogenic", and "hid" behind Walter during the important parts, but all in all, it was amazing day!
"Wake up!"-Pastor
Juan's YouTube Video of the week: Iron Chef guy's secret ingredient montage! Enjoy yelling? I do!

This Week in Bear News: A bear was straight up murdered in Montana after it tried to steal an elk carcass from some hunters.  The hunters forgot their pepper spray (bears like the seasoning on their elk) so they shot the bear after it tried to steal their kill and charged them.  The news story mentions closing trails and preventing further bear-hunter altercations, but the real issue here is the hunter needing to practice its big buck hunting after one the hunters got his leg mauled because he missed the charging bear at point-blank range (the other hunter intervened (unfair fight?)).  Whats gonna happen if the bears ever bear their own arms?

Other thoughts:

  • Halloween is fast approaching.  I have my costume ready and will surely discuss it in future blog posts, and I have high expectations, hopefully topping last year's big buck hunter costume, and matching my attempt at Ron Burgandy two years ago.  Hope I'm not a "mess" come Halloween (now it won't be that slutty).  I'm looking forward to carving pumpkins and maybe getting/scaring some legit trick-or-treaters for the first time.
  • I want to start a prop-betting game to see when my land lady will lose her temper next, a continuous pool type deal.  Extra points for guessing how many hours it takes her to apologize.  The most recent flip-outs have been induced by a loud movie, moving chairs in the living room, and too many cars in the parking spot.
  • Prolly not a good idea to think about/sing aloud "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" in the office. Just saying...
  • I'm wrapping up the last few episodes of Friday Night Lights, the tv show. I wish there was more... movie in the future, please?  Question: would I actually be more excited for a FNL movie than the Arrested Development movie? Clear eyes, full hearts...chicken dance?

P.S.-Thank you various peoples/facebook for pictures to use in my blog!  You know I don't know how to use a camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment