Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Morning Thoughts...

Here's some Friday morning thoughts before the weekend fever sweeps through:

  • Silly Experiment of the week: Last night I put a few watermelon sour patch kids in a glass of bud light.  I don't know if people have tried this before, and maybe some people's reactions (stupid people) might be "EW!", but after the candy dissolved a tad, it was kinda awesome.  Gave a yellow/greenish hue to the bud light with nice watermelon flavor that wasn't all that terrible.  Watermelon Bud Light anyone?  They'll prolly have something like this by next summer but my version will be better.  If you like diabetes and cheap beer give it a shot!
  • Sports Talk: I love that the NFL is back, but what I would give to able to watch the games without having to worry about who has what player for fantasy football every god dang play.  Last night Green Bay's passing attack was pretty awesome to watch, but before I could appreciate that, I was informed that Mr. Aaron Rodgers was single handily kicking the shit out of my fantasy team for the week.  I enjoy fantasy football (and prolly talk about it WAY too much, sorry) but for big games, I'd rather just be able to watch and not worry about stats (thank you playoffs).
  • Boo: roommates having nightmares about your crazy landlady
  • Horay: It's Always Sunny, for giving me ideas that I shouldn't be allowed to have... sorry roommates if find poison in relish jar, mayo in skull & cross bones jar, and shampoo in the mayo jar...
  • This week in Bear News:  There is still a fugitive grizzly bear on the run in Yellowstone National Park (someone call Tommy Lee Jones!).  He wanted as a suspect in the straight up murder of a Michigan man back in August.  Apparently 3 Bears have already been brought in for questioning, but the glove didn't fit (DNA testing?), so they were released.
  • Nick's Stupid and Spoiling Movie Review of the Week: This week I watched Unforgiven (warning: I said "spoiling" in the title stupid), the 1992 Oscar Best-Picture Winner, Clint Eastwood-Western.  While I may have been interrupted by a temper-tirade barge-in by the landlady, I don't think I missed much because the real action is relegated to short bursts, for example, no one gets shot till the second half of the movie, although there's some knife work at the beginning (disappointing lack of karate tho).  Obviously the best part is when Clint Eastwood falls off the sobriety wagon and kills pretty much EVERYONE which was immediately followed by an abrupt ending due to the lack of anyone else for Clint to shoot (there was more closure in the recent Paul Walker masterpiece, Fast Five).  A well-made movie, a 96% on rotten tomatoes, but not my favorite western, but that's okay.  I'll give the first half the movie a rating of stupid, while the second half I'll give a rating of drinking game worthy (drink every time some gets killeded).
  • I misssssss you....: Nintendo Wii, the apartment isn't the same without it
Happy Weekend!
P.S.- Watch for the Wine Pirate!

No comments:

Post a Comment