Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Olympic Wrap Up, Thank You's, and Betting Line Results


You think the Olympics ended Sunday night?  Well with Olympic Correspondent Royer, the Olympics are never over! NEVER... actually, I think he knows its time to leave London, scrapbook the hell out of the past couple weeks, and refocus on preparing for the next Olympics, all while crying just a little, not too much though, just a little.  

The Last London Olympic Post. I’m tearing up a bit (I told you guys he might cry!). I’m sure ya’ll are beyond Olympic’d out so I will keep this brief.

Thank You Ginger Bear for letting me take over your blog for the past 3 weeks. If you are in the Boston area and saw that obnoxious commercial about the one news lady a million times you will understand this reference. I have always felt the need to tell the world the news, the Olympic news. So thank you Editor Sims for giving me a great forum and adding some great images and insight.
Editor- Your Really Fucking Welcome OCR!
Thank You Olympics for providing lots of fun guessing activities. Overall I think I did a decent job. Maybe a bronze medal performance? There were definitely a few guesses that were terrible. (Ryan Hall, I just bought your book, how can you disappoint me by not even finishing?)
Royer’s Final Prediction Scorecard
Correct: 15
In the ballpark but still wrong: 10
Not even close: 7

Thank You Olympians for being so Smokin Hot. As promised here are my top 5 hottest Olympians:
5) Laura Robson, Great Britain, Tennis, Silver, Mixed Doubles with Andy Murray
Girl Next Door Hot
4) Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, Jamaica, Track & Field, Gold 100M, Silver 200M & 4x100M Relay
My Hair is always a little poofy but I’m fast as Fuck Hot 
3) Jaqueline Carvalho, Brazil, Indoor Volleyball, Gold
I’m Brazilian and can spike like a mofo hot.
OCR had picked a different pic, I over-ruled, this one's better cuz she's hammering this other lady! 
2) Alex Morgan, USA, Soccer, Gold
I’m good at soccer and just straight up hot, hot. 
1)Elisa Di Francisca, Italy, Fencing (Foil), Gold Individual & Team Foil
I have the passion of a volcano and spirit of a warrior hot. 

Thank You Olympics for only being about two weeks. My average night’s sleep was 5.5 hours and this past weekend my body started revolting by falling asleep standing up at multiple times (prove it!). I don’t think I could have handled much more Olympic competition in terms of my physical health. Things I’ve learned: I need to take vacation time next summer Olympics.  Editor's suggestion to Royer- You should prolly apply to volunteer at the next Olympics, I think you're qualified as long as you don't come off as obsessive on the application...

Thank You Elizabeth Tweddle for winning my Most British Athlete award. Your name is British, your appearance is British & you won an unexpected bronze medal on the uneven bars. Like many of your compatriots, you won a medal in a sport that made many viewers go huh like the long jump and double in 5 & 10k. Be proud Elizabeth Tweddle. You represent your home.

Thank You American Lady Athletes for kicking ass and taking names these Olympic Games. They are bringing home 58.5 medals (mixed doubles screwing things up) with 29 of them gold compared to the men’s 45.5 medals with only 17 gold. The US female gender as a whole peaked at the right time while, like always, the men have peaked too soon. Zoom Zoom Zoom. But seriously nice job ladies, and men please step it up for Rio.
Settle down ladies, you'll over-heat the dogs with all your gold! 
Thank You Rio for helping spread the Olympics to a new continent. The Olympics now move to South America for the first time and I am pumped. The world will talk shit about safety blah blah blah but if the Olympics are to remain a global event they need to take a stop around all parts of the world. I have faith they will do an excellent job and I am counting down the days.

And last but not least THANK YOU all for joining me on my Olympic Journey. I am working diligently on the scrapbook during daylight hours and hope to be done within the week. Please contact me directly for a viewing. I’ve really enjoyed sharing my enthusiasm and look forward to coming back as Olympic Correspondent during Sochi 2014. I’m sure I will make some other appearances before we journey to Russia in different ways but as always Higher Faster Stronger and AMURICA.
And now the moment you've all been waiting for...
Nick's Pre-Olympic betting odds, Results Edition: If you've kept up with the blog you know that I set some betting lines throughout the lead up to the games, here are the results to best of my and the interweb's knowledge (also, I'm kinda surprised how close I got to some of these, others not so much.):
  • # of medals Finland will win for non-shooting events: +/- 1.5 result: 3
  • # of total medals China will win in Table Tennis +/- 4 result: 6
  • Over/Under # of USA Gold Medals +/- 34.5  result: 46
  • Most overall medals for a Scandinavian country-> Early Favorite-Sweden @ -150 (but I like Norway as a dark horse) result: Denmark with 9 medals just beat out Sweden with 8 medals, Norway remained a dark horse finishing with 4 medals
  • # of medals (men or women) won by China in Trampoline +/- 3.5  result: 4
  • total # of gold medals won by all African nations +/- 10  result: 11
  • Spice Girls make an appearance at opening ceremonies (-150)  result: 1/2 credit, closing ceremonies

Finally, I would like take the time to thank Royer for his posts, updates, intimate/alone-time thoughts, and his unwavering commitment to share the Olympic Fever with a bunch of people who may or may not like, understand, tolerate, or even know how to read (fact- 22% of the people who view this blog cannot and refuse to learn how to read, demographic science!) about the London 2012 games. But, you know what, Royer shared it anyways, whether you liked it or not, freedom isn't free buddy! While this may be OCR's last Olympic report for London 2012, I'm in the works getting getting Royer on as a special correspondent on an in-depth investigation/ feature on the person that is Channel-K, hopefully coming later this fall (you won't wanna miss this- "Don't bother me while I'm cleaning my Room!: Protein, Pranks, and Panic, The Story Behind Channel K").

No comments:

Post a Comment